|I paint quirky, sweet characters who’ll touch you and inspire you. I like to represent those of us who are different, to remind us that inclusion is for everyone. My work is available online in my shop.|
|I am the author of The Grimstones – an award winning junior fiction book series featuring my family of handmade gothic puppets.|
|I’m teaching a free online course in Auslan – Australian Sign Language. Learn basic signs in bite-sized lessons of around ten signs each.|
I’m taking a little cyberbreak just now, but my online shop is still open. I’ll be back in February 2016, hopefully all charged up with new inspiration and a fresh dose of grounded-in-the-real-world-ness. I believe it’s really healthy to get off our screens now and then, and simply learn to be here and now.
Here’s a little peek into what I’ve got planned for 2016:
- I’d like to make a series of artworks that reflect my experience as a Deaf person.
- I’ve got a couple of exhibitions booked in and at least one of them will be on this theme.
- I want to think about travel. Not just travelling on a trip, but travelling through the journey of life. I’ve got lots of ideas for rather whimsical depictions of this, involving rubber stamp characters and vehicles and cityscapes and more.
- And I want to play around with abstracts, developing some of the ideas I’ve been experimenting with lately involving colours and shapes and patterns.
- There’s another book I want to write too, something about being successful on your own terms and making your life what you really want it to be.
Where exactly all this will go, I can’t say. I’m sure I’ll pick up heaps more inspiration as 2016 unfolds.
Happy holidays, folks, and see you in Feb!